Buying a Home
“What really made us want to work with Pamela is the level of care and passion she has for helping families find their next home.”
– Lisa K., Piedmont
You want to buy a home…
Buying the right home and navigating the real estate purchase process can be both challenging and stressful. As a buyer, your concerns may range from pricing and financing to location, location, location. You may want to know about the schools. You’ll want an insider’s perspective about the community, proximity to shopping, nightlife, and conveniences. Finding the right real estate professional with whom to partner is the first step to a successful venture.
Award-winning realtor with Highland Partners in Piedmont, Pamela Strike Fullerton, starts the process by listening to your needs, your hopes, and your dreams to best understand your ideal lifestyle. Next, she will put her comprehensive knowledge of the ever-changing East Bay housing inventory coupled with her personal experience as a long-time Bay Area resident to work. Enthusiastic and warm by nature, Pamela is a topnotch project manager who tightly oversees all the moving pieces within your transaction: identifying the buyer’s needs and wants, house hunting, contract analysis, negotiations, financing, due diligence including various inspections, review of CC&R’s, board application, interview (if applicable) and the closing process. With an incite and style very much her own, Pamela will guide you to closing.
Placing your trust in real estate agent Pamela Strike Fullerton will reap the benefit of local expertise and professionalism. Not only is she an East Bay resident, but Pamela is known as one of Highland Partner’s Top Producers and the 2018 Emerald Elite Award recipient. Pamela will be your trusted confidant who continues to provide you with resources and connections even after you have moved into your new home. Finally, having practiced law with one of San Francisco’s most prestigious law firms, Pamela provides added value with her intimate understanding of negotiating a transaction and understanding a contract. Adding this skill to being a seasoned, full-service real estate professional, Pamela Strike Fullerton is uniquely qualified to be the partner you need as a home buyer in the Bay Area.
“Well after knowing you less than a week I’d say you’re a total rockstar!” –Nick, Oakland
WHAT I OFFER BUYERS
For most of my clients, buying their home is the most important investment of their lifetime. Who your agent is matters.
• Identify your needs, wants, desires for your new home
• Establish an agency relationship
• Help Buyers with financing options
• Determine the optimum purchase price and identify loan consultant
• Obtain pre-approval letter
• Educate you about the various neighborhoods
• Communicate the current market trends in an effort to help you understand and interpret the market
• Keep you apprised of homes coming on the market through listing alerts
• Preview homes for you to best utilize our time together
• Provide experienced counsel when writing a competitive offer
• Negotiate strongly on your behalf
• Order reports and schedule inspections as needed and meet inspectors on site
• Manage paper flow and removal of contingencies in a timely manner as dictated by contact
• Accompany you for final walk-through, signing, and closing
Things to Consider Before Buying a Home
- Check Your Credit – Your credit is crucial when applying for a loan; the better your score, the lower your interest rates will be. Be sure to check all three major credit reporting companies: Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion as the information in each report may vary slightly. Make sure you make copies of your credit report as well and check your score well in advance of applying for loans.
- Find a Lender – Most people need to take out a loan when buying a home, and you’ll want to be prepared to make an offer when you find that perfect home. It’s important to be sure that you’re approved for a loan before you start looking at homes so you don’t miss out on any opportunities. If you need help finding a lender, We can recommend trusted lenders near you.
- Price Range – Calculate what’s realistic for you before considering different areas to live in to be sure things stay within your budget. Once you know your range, We can help you make the most out of your money.
- Research – Finding the right home can be time-consuming, but it’s important to consider everything before you decide. What’s the commute like to work? If you have kids, what are the schools like in the area? How many beds and bathrooms will you need? Do you prefer a newer or older styled home? All are important factors to take into account during the home finding process. We are dedicated to helping you through the entire home buying process. Once we find that perfect home, We will prepare a written offer. With my experience in the market, We can help you arrive at an offer that both fits your budget and has the best chance of being accepted.
- Once Your Offer is Accepted – After your offer is accepted, you’ll have a grace period to have the house professionally inspected and request repairs or counter offer if the situation arises. Once this step is complete, we will verify the terms and conditions of your loan, and assist you in signing your papers. I’m here to assist you with any questions you may have during the process.
- Moving Time! – Now that you’ve found your perfect home it’s time to make moving arrangements. If you plan on utilizing a professional moving company, We can recommend reputable, local movers. Don’t forget to fill out your change of address forms and inform the utility company of your move!